October 21, 2011

Nuts About Coconut Variation

Pin It

Margaret's Morsels | Hoagy Cake


Last year, per a reader's request, I posted a recipe for coconut cake.  I wrote that the icing could be made as coconut or chocolate.  I recently made the cake for a church potluck dinner and wanted to show what the cake looks like with chocolate icing.  


Margaret's Morsels | Hoagy Cake
  
The chocolate icing is prepared just like the coconut icing, except the coconut is omitted.  Cocoa powder is sifted with the powdered sugar to remove any lumps.  My family loves chocolate, so I add 3 tablespoons of cocoa.  If you want an icing that's not as rich, use 2 tablespoons of cocoa instead.  If you missed the coconut cake blog, click here for the recipe.


© Margaret's Morsels

No comments:

Post a Comment